Fit4Baby is designed specifically for moms-to-be. All exercises are carefully selected to prepare your body for the many changes you will experience during pregnancy. You can begin Fit4Baby at any point during pregnancy as the workouts are scientifically based, purposeful and designed to accommodate your changing body. The workout includes cardio, strength, balance, and flexibility training and ends with a relaxing meditation; everything you need during this precious time!
Open Yoga is prenatal-friendly and perfect for expectant mamas in all three trimesters. The course will allow you to move with your breath while strengthening your whole body. You will move mindfully while building both strength and balance on the yoga mat. Enjoy slowing down, getting in touch with your mind and body, and honoring your inner self.
All of our stroller classes, Stroller Strides, Stroller Barre, and Strides 360, are approved for pregnancy. Each stroller class instructor is skilled to meet you where you are mentally & physically, at any point in your pregnancy. You’ll leave class feeling connected, successful & energized.
How does Fit4Baby support a happy, healthy mama?
In addition to being certified in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) prenatal fitness guidelines, all of our instructors are mamas ourselves! We know the physical and emotional demands placed on women during pregnancy and motherhood, and we're passionate about supporting you through your journey.
With the Fit4Baby program, you'll receive...
- a total body workout designed for all three trimesters.
- endurance, strength, and flexibility portions of class to support your prenatal needs.
- special modifications designed to meet you where you are physically and emotionally each day.
- meditations designed to promote bonding with your baby and preparation for birth.
- an online support group just for our pregnant mamas, as well as access to the Our Village private page for motherhood support.
Why should I exercise while pregnant?
Although you may not feel up to running a marathon, pregnant women benefit greatly from exercising throughout their pregnancy. Prenatal fitness is recommended for all women in conversation with your doctor.
Prenatal exercise can help you...
- feel better! You will release endorphins, boost your energy level, relieve backaches, improve digestive issues, improve joint pain, and sleep better.
- prepare your body for birth! Strong muscles and a healthy heart can ease labor and delivery.
- feel more confident in your changing body! Prenatal fitness can help mamas tone muscles and improve posture, as well as stimulate blood flow for that pregnancy glow! Exercise can be a useful tool to maintaining a healthy pregnancy weight and can help mamas feel more confident in their postpartum bodies.
- have a healthy baby! Along with other prenatal guidelines set forth by your doctor, a healthy, happy mama is a huge factor in having a healthy baby!
Is Fit4Baby right for me?
If you are an expectant mama, it's right for you! All of our certified instructors are trained thoroughly in American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) guidelines for prenatal fitness. All workouts are designed for a pregnant mama, with lots of optional modifications for all of your physical needs. Women in all three trimesters can benefit from a Fit4Baby workout with a doctor's clearance to do so.
Where do we meet?
In the warmer months we meet outside at the Piney Orchard Community Center, 2400 Stream Valley Drive, Odenton. When we are indoors we meet at the Wellness Center, 375 Gambrills Road.
What do I need to bring to class?
- Plenty of water
- Exercise attire and athletic shoes
- Your baby bump (big or small!)