Fit4Baby® is designed specifically for moms-to-be. All exercises are carefully selected to prepare your body for the many changes you will experience during pregnancy. You can begin Fit4Baby® at any point during pregnancy as the workouts are scientifically- based, purposeful and designed to accommodate your changing body. The 60-minute workout includes cardio, strength, balance, and flexibility training and ends with a relaxing meditation; everything you need during this precious time!
How does Fit4Baby® support a happy, healthy mama?
In addition to being certified in ACOG prenatal fitness guidelines, all of our instructors are mamas ourselves! We know the physical and emotional demands placed on women during pregnancy and motherhood, and we're passionate about supporting you.
With Fit4Baby®, you'll receive...
- a total body workout designed for all three trimesters.
- endurance, strength, and flexibility portions of class to support your prenatal needs.
- special modifications designed to meet you where you are physically and emotionally each day.
- meditations designed to promote bonding with your baby and preparation for birth.
- an online support group just for our pregnant mamas, as well as access to the Our Village private page for motherhood support.
Why should I exercise while pregnant?
Although you may not feel up to running a marathon, pregnant women benefit greatly from exercising throughout their pregnancy. Prenatal fitness is recommended for all women in conversation with your doctor.
Prenatal exercise can help you...
- feel better! You will release endorphins, boost your energy level, relieve backaches, improve digestive issues, improve joint pain, and sleep better.
- prepare your body for birth! Strong muscles and a fit heart can ease labor and delivery.
- feel more confident in your changing body! Prenatal fitness can help mamas tone muscles and improve posture, as well as stimulate blood flow for that pregnancy glow! Exercise can be a useful tool to maintaining a healthy pregnancy weight and can help mamas feel more confident in their postpartum bodies.
- have a healthy baby! Along with other prenatal guidelines set forth by your doctor, a healthy, happy mama is a huge factor in having a healthy baby!
Is Fit4Baby® right for me?
If you are an expectant mama, it's right for you! All of our certified instructors are trained thoroughly in American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) guidelines for prenatal fitness. All workouts are designed for a pregnant mama, with lots of optional modifications for all of your physical needs. Women at all three trimesters can benefit from a Fit4Baby® workout with a doctor's clearance to do so.
Where do we meet?
Fit4Baby® meets at Severna Park Raquetball and Fitness Center. Our class meets in court six, which is downstairs and to the left. You are always welcome to inquire at the front desk if you need any help finding us!
What do I need to bring to class?
- Plenty of water
- Exercise attire and athletic shoes
- Your baby bump (big or small!)
Is there childcare available at Fit4Baby?
Yep! Childcare is available at our Fit4Baby location.